If you have lost multiple teeth, you may be wearing a denture or partial denture. This can be a real burden, causing embarrassment, discomfort and generally having a real negative impact on your quality of life. Did you know you don't have to eat soft foods or wear dentures for the rest of your life? Implants are a viable and clinically proven alternative to missing teeth.
- Multiple teeth can be replaced with just a single implant. The implant screw can support a bridge of up to four teeth in a row, each stable and sturdy and guaranteed for life with good hygiene and maintenance.
- Depending on the volume of jawbone, a dental implant and abutments can be placed on the same day or over a period of months. The implants will look and feel exactly like your natural teeth.
- After a period of healing, your implants will be fully integrated and will look, feel and function just like natural teeth!
- If missing teeth are not replaced with implants the jawbone will recede, giving your face a sunken appearance. Implants give you a youthful boost.
- You can bite or chew a variety of foods.
- You can live free of worry and concern about your teeth.
Have you lost all or some of your natural teeth? Bridges, dentures and flexible dentures are not the only solution, thanks to advances in modern dentistry. Have you heard of dental implants? Implant dentistry offers a clinically proven and safe solution to getting a great smile back and being able to bite and chew with confidence. This is how they work:
- Dental implants are small metal screws that are placed in the jaw in place of a missing tooth.
- Once established, crowns, bridges and dentures can be fixed onto the implants, creating a natural-looking and stable restoration.
- When you lose your natural teeth, your jaw bone and surrounding tissues start to resorb or disappear over time. When implants are placed in the jaw, it stimulates the remaining bone to grow and mesh around the metal, along with tiny blood vessels, preventing bone loss.
- Retained bone structure prevents the face from acquiring a 'sunken' look.
- Implants help restore function so you can eat, chew and bite as usual.
- Implants are a natural-looking way to replace missing teeth.
These are a natural replacement for missing teeth, however other options are also avaliable such as bridges and dentures.